Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY AS THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT.
“The Company” (“We”, “Our”, “Us”)
PayPark Limited – Company Number 09871483, incorporated in England and Wales with a Registered Office at Group First House, Mead Way, Padiham, Lancs BB12 7NG. You may contact us at this address.
Click here for terms and conditions for bookings at PayPark (trading as Airport Park and Ride) owned car parks, including Skyport, Direct Parking and Parksafe.
Click here for terms and conditions for bookings at car parks owned by third-party service providers.
Booking a PayPark (trading as Airport Park and Ride) car park
“Vehicle” means the vehicle which enters into the car park and includes any mechanical device on wheels or tracks, its equipment and accessories.
“Car Park” means the car park in respect of which a booking for parking is made by you.
The Company reserves the right to transfer your booking to another site, within our owned sites, where necessary.
You should read these terms carefully as they contain important information regarding your legally binding contract with us. We particularly draw your attention to the provisions of conditions 23-25 which provide important information about our liability to you.
How to make a booking
- Once we have received payment from you and once you have received a booking confirmation e-mail from us confirming that you have booked (as described in condition 11), you are entitled to park the designated vehicle in our car park. The parking of your vehicle will be subject to these conditions of parking.
- We only accept bookings for cars and light vans. Details are provided on our website before you place your order. You may not be entitled to a refund if your vehicle exceeds the size limits we impose. Please contact us if you wish to check whether your vehicle will be accepted.
- When you book, you may be required to specify the make, type, and registration number of the vehicle to which the booking relates. You may change these details at any time before you arrive at the car park, at no charge (subject to condition 2), by contacting us.
Parking your vehicle
- You must park your own vehicle and retain your keys. Save where specifically noted in these conditions, parking is at your own risk and we shall not be responsible for your vehicle or any of your possessions in any way whilst your vehicle is parked in our Car Park. We cannot park your vehicle for you, nor look after your keys or any other item.
- Unless specifically requested to do so by us or our employees or agents you should not under any circumstances:
- park in a no-parking area
- park on a double yellow line
- park other than in the designated parking bay
- park across two (or more) parking bays
- park in a space that is marked as “reserved” (other than reserved for you) without authorisation
- park other than where directed by us.
Price of parking
- All tariffs (which include VAT (where applicable)) are on a per-day basis (00:01– 23:59). E.g. Saturday – Saturday will be 8 days. The total charge payable by you for your booking is also shown in the order pages and the booking confirmation e-mail. If your return is delayed, you may incur extra charges at the standard daily rate applicable at the time of the delay. No refund will be made for unused days. Please note "can not cancel or amend" bookings are excluded - these are non-refundable bookings sold at a discounted rate. If you anticipate changes to your travel plans a "can not cancel or amend" type booking is not recommended.
- We recommend that you tell one of our staff, when you arrive at the car park, if you intend to leave your vehicle in our car park for longer than 28 days or your plans change so that you would be so parked. Unless you tell us this, or you have pre-booked for longer than 28 days, we will be entitled to assume that your vehicle has been abandoned. Abandoned vehicles may be disposed of and we will recover the reasonable cost thereof from you.
Before proceeding with the disposal of abandoned vehicles, we shall:
- make reasonable enquiries with a view to identifying and contacting the registered owner of the vehicle in question;
- give 28 days’ notice of our intention so to do to the registered owner by pre-paid post addressed to the registered owner’s last known address.
Abandoned vehicles will be sold by auction whenever practicable and the proceeds of the sale will be applied in and towards satisfaction of all sums owing to us, together with the expenses of sale and in connection with such sale. We shall be entitled to charge reasonable garage or other storage charges in respect of the period during which the vehicle is in our possession. Where an abandoned vehicle remains in a car park, the standard daily tariff shall apply to any such additional time the vehicle remains in the car park until final removal.
Any balance of the sales proceeds remaining after satisfaction of such sums as are or become due to us, shall be held by us on behalf of the registered owner of the vehicle and paid over on proof of entitlement.
Change of prices
- We reserve the right to change our tariffs at any time and to withdraw any special, introductory or concessionary rate. This will not affect any reservation made before the change. The applicable tariff will be shown on your booking confirmation e-mail.
- All parking charges for an extended stay must be paid in full before your vehicle can be removed from our car park. We shall have the right to retain a vehicle until such time as all sums due are paid. We will not accept cheques.
- Our acceptance of your booking will take place by us sending you a booking confirmation email, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us; if you wish to cancel a booking you can do so at any time.
Amending or cancelling your booking
- If you anticipate changes to your travel plans, then we advise you to select a parking product which offers the option to cancel or amend your booking. If you do select a product which offers the flexibility to amend or cancel your booking at a later date, please refer to the information provided at the point of booking if you wish to later make a change. You will be able to change dates, name and car details if you have chosen a product which is not marked “cannot cancel or amend”. Location can only be transferred between our sites at Glasgow International Airport. Transfers to a different airport are not possible. Please note, if you do change your parking dates, there is a possibility you will incur additional charges if the price of parking is higher for your new dates. Cancellation cover is offered at £1.99 per booking. Only bookings with cancellation cover purchased at the time of booking are eligible for a full cash refund of booking cost. Cost of cancellation cover will not be refunded. Refunds of all other bookings will be in the form of a credit note, valid for one year from date of issue. Some parking products available for sale on our website may state “can not cancel” – in this instance, you can amend your dates (and other details like your name or car registration) but you cannot claim a refund on your booking if your plans change. If you have selected a product which states that it cannot be cancelled or amended, then no refund or credit note will be given if your plans later change. These are non-refundable bookings sold at a discounted rate. However, you can change certain details of your booking, for example, name and car registration. You will not be able to change the dates or location of your booking if you have selected a non-cancellable product. Products like this will be marked as “cannot cancel or amend” when you search our car parking options.
- Unfortunately, we cannot accept bookings specifically for disabled spaces. If you have any particular requirements, please contact a member of staff on arrival and they will try to accommodate your particular requirements.
- Prohibited activities:
- No vehicle shall be towed into the car park or enter otherwise than under its own mechanical power and no work or repairs or maintenance to or washing of or cleaning of vehicles by you or anyone on your behalf shall be done in the car park.
- In the event of vehicle breakdown, you must contact the attendant to ensure that your vehicle removal or repair is organised without causing disruption, damage or danger to any other person or property in the car park.
- No activity in connection with the selling, hiring or other disposal of the vehicle shall be carried out in the car park.
- No commercial activity shall be conducted from any vehicle within the car park.
- No vehicle shall obstruct any access or circulation area within the car park.
- No vehicle shall park other than within the spaces designated for parking.
- No person shall do anything in the use of the car park that may be a nuisance or inconvenience to us or any other user of the car park.
- No vehicle shall cause any unnecessary noise, vibration or exhaust fumes within the car park.
- No vehicle shall be parked so as to take up more than one space designated for parking or prevent the use of any adjacent space.
- No person shall do any act or thing which may render invalid or void any policy of insurance effected in respect of the car park.
- No person shall park in spaces designated as being reserved unless entitled to do so.
- No person shall deposit any rubbish, litter or refuse of any kind in the car park, other than in proper receptacles provided for the purpose.
- No person shall pour or transfer petrol or other fuels into or out of the fuel tank of any vehicle.
Courtesy bus service
- The company offers a courtesy coach/minibus transfer to/from Glasgow International Airport (which may utilise a baggage trailer). The transfer service may be operated on behalf of the company by a party other than us. You should ensure that all items of luggage are packed securely and that fragile or breakable items are retained with you. The company is not responsible for any loss or damage to property in the luggage compartment of the coaches or any baggage trailer or within luggage itself other than loss or damage caused by the negligence of the company or any of its employees, agents or subcontractors.
- The courtesy coaches are run on an irregular frequency depending on demand and operational requirements. The company cannot guarantee the departure of any coach at or within any time. You should ensure that you arrive at least 40 minutes prior to your flight check-in opening time. In the event of mechanical failure or breakdown, the company will use its best endeavours to enable the courtesy coaches to run at full service but courtesy coaches may not run or may run to a limited service. The company will not be liable for costs of missed flights or due to the inability to check in baggage or luggage arising as a result of the infrequency, delay or breakdown of the courtesy coaches.
Our insurance and liability to you
- The insurance which the company carries does not cover any deliberate damage to or theft of any vehicle or deliberate damage to or theft of your possessions by any persons and in no circumstances will the company be responsible for any such deliberate damage or theft caused by a third party who is not in the reasonable control of the company. The company only accepts liability for any damage to vehicles or other property caused by its negligence or the negligence or deliberate action of its employees or agents. We recommend that you do not leave any items of value in or on your vehicle. You are reminded that your motor insurance policy may not cover possessions in your vehicle and you should always check what cover you have. It may be possible to arrange separate insurance cover for such possessions and we encourage you to do so.
- Should you damage another vehicle or any part of a car park you must report the matter immediately to a member of our staff and give him or her the registration numbers of both vehicles, together with your full name and address and the name and address of your insurance company, together with your policy number. In doing so, for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and any other relevant law you are consenting to our passing this information on to the owner or driver of any other vehicle involved and to any insurers (including our insurers), and if we consider it appropriate, to the police.
- We cannot guarantee the security of our car parks as members of the public could have access to them at all times. We do not guarantee to you that security measures that we have in place, for example, CCTV or patrols, will be working at all times or, even if they are working that they will be effective in preventing the loss, damage, or theft or in identifying who might be to blame. Where CCTV cameras are installed in any of the car parks, they are used to assist in the proper running of the car park. The CCTV cameras may also act as a deterrent to criminal activity. We are obliged by law to display signage in the car park advising that CCTV cameras are in operation. However, we do not make any representation as to the extent of coverage provided by the cameras and no guarantee is given as to the security of your vehicle in car parks where CCTV is installed.
- Unless requested by us or one of our employees, servants or agents not to do so, you must ensure that before you leave your Vehicle:
- your vehicle is securely locked;
- all the windows of your vehicle and any sunroof are securely locked;
- your handbrake is fully engaged and your vehicle left in gear (or, if it is an automatic, left in “park” mode);
- if your vehicle is fitted with a steering lock or similar device that it is engaged;
- no person or animal is left in your vehicle;
- your possessions are taken with you or removed from sight and placed in the boot wherever possible.
- We reserve the right to move your vehicle within the car park to such extent as we think in our absolute discretion may be reasonably necessary to avoid the contravention of these terms and conditions, e.g. parking in other than a designated parking space.
- We also reserve the right where the car park has to be closed either permanently or temporarily in whole or in part or has to be evacuated in cases of emergency or otherwise to remove any vehicle at any time to any other location as we reasonably deem appropriate.
- To the extent that it may be necessary to do so in the exercise of the rights given to us in these conditions of parking, we, our employees, servants or agents have the right to take any vehicle out of the car park (including on to the public highway) or tow it away.
- We reserve the right to enter a vehicle (and to use force if necessary) in such a manner as we think necessary.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions seeks to limit your legal rights and remedies or limit or exclude the company’s liability which cannot be excluded by law including liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or breach of your legal rights in relation to your booking.
- The company’s maximum liability for any and each claim made under this contract (whether the claim is brought in contract, tort or otherwise) will be limited as follows:
- Loss of or damage to the contents of vehicles – £1,000 per vehicle
- Loss of or damage to luggage transported via the courtesy bus service – £1,500 per case
- All other liabilities – £5m
Safety when using the car park
- Safety in the car park:
- Please drive carefully in the car park and obey the directional and other signs.
- Car parks can be dangerous. After you have parked your vehicle you mustproceed immediately to the nearest exit, following the recommended route (if any). You must not, in any circumstances, exit the car park by walking under a vehicle exit barrier.
- Do not delay your exit from the car park and please supervise your children and pets, who must be kept under your control at all times in the car park.
- For safety reasons, you are not entitled to remain in your vehicle in the car park or elsewhere in the car park, except for the purposes of parking or removing your vehicle.
-- END --
Booking with a Third Party Service Provider
If you need to amend or cancel your booking please use My Bookings - making sure you have your email address and booking reference to hand. Please check your booking details on receipt of confirmation. Airport Park and Ride cannot be held responsible if you do not inform us of any amendments required to bookings.
To cancel a third party booking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your booking reference. To change a booking, please include your reference number and details of the required changes.
Standard Terms and Conditions ("the Conditions") For Car Parks other than those owned by Airport Park and Ride.
This is a legal document which contains contractual provisions. Your Statutory Rights are not affected.
1.1 Bookings through the Airport Park and Ride website are valid as soon as a booking reference number is issued.
1.2 All services are subject to availability.
1.3 Airport Park and Ride reserves the right not to accept or fulfil a booking.
2.1 Payments for bookings made on our website can only be made using Mastercard and Visa.
2.2 If payment by card is declined, Airport Park and Ride is not obliged to honour a booking.
2.3 All prices are quoted in pounds sterling and include VAT.
2.4 If a booking is made using an overseas credit card, the card issuer will debit the relevant account in your local currency at the exchange rate applicable on the date of booking. This may also incur a conversion charge.
2.5 Overstay charges may be incurred if you exceed the number of days your original booking states. You will be informed of the amount payable on your return to your chosen car park and this can be settled on-site.
3.1 Our third party products include flexible and non-flexible products, so not all bookings can be cancelled with a full refund - please check your booking type to see if you qualify to receive a refund and what the terms are for this.
3.2 Customers who cancel any kind of booking, or fail to turn up, within 24 hours of the scheduled arrival date will be charged the full price for the service.
3.3 Cancellations must be made 24 hours prior to arrival.
3.4 Any customer wishing to shorten the length of stay once a booking has commenced must pay the full amount - no refunds will be issued.
3.5 Cancellations or amendments cannot be made if you book a supersaver, saver or non-flexible parking product.
3.6 As per the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations, you have 14 days to cancel your booking, starting from the day after it is confirmed, depending on the type of product you have booked. Cancellations or amendments cannot be accepted if you book a supersaver, saver or non-flexible parking product.
3.7 If you have the right to cancel and do so in writing within the acceptable timeframe, you will receive a full refund, excluding any chargeable services provided within the 14 day cancellation period and any applicable payment card surcharges. Chargeable services begin 30 minutes before your scheduled arrival time.
Written cancellation should take this form:
By post: PayPark Ltd, 12a Mead Way, Padiham, Lancashire, BB12 7NG.
By email: email@example.com
I am writing to give notice of my intention to cancel my booking for [insert name of service] booked on [insert date] for these times/dates [insert times/dates] with Booking Reference [insert booking reference]
PayPark (trading as Airport Park and Ride)’s liability
4.1 PayPark Limited (trading as Airport Park and Ride) acts as booking agent only for the service provider and is only liable to the customer for losses directly arising from its negligence in processing a booking. For anything else, please contact the service provider directly,
5. Service Provider’s Terms & Conditions
5.1 Bookings are accepted subject to the service provider’s terms and conditions - a copy of this is available on request.
5.2 As long as it does not contradict the service provider’s terms and conditions, the following apply:
5.2.1 at third party car parks, cars are parked at their owner’s risk.
5.2.2 the service provider does not accept responsibility or liability for any theft, loss or damage to personal property or loose items left within a vehicle while it is parked.
5.2.3 the service provider does not accept any responsibility or liability for any damage to the windscreen or any other glass in the customer’s vehicle.
5.2.4 the customer should inspect their vehicle and report any damage to the service provider before leaving the car park, or before leaving the airport for meet and greet bookings.
5.2.5 the service provider does not accept liability for loss or damage unless and to the extent it is proved to be caused by the negligence of the service provider.
6.1 Claims for loss or damage to vehicles or in relation to the quality of the service provided should be made to the service provider directly. PayPark (trading as Airport Park and Ride) can provide contact details of the service provider on request.
6.2 Queries and claims relating to the processing of bookings should be made to PayPark (trading as Airport Park and Ride) and not the service provider.
Registered head office: PayPark Ltd, 12a Mead Way, Padiham, Lancashire, BB12 7NG.
Registered in England. Company Registration Number: 09871483. VAT Number: GB 258924366