AIRPORT PARK AND RIDE TERMS AND CONDTIONS
YOU SHOULD READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY AS THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT.
"The Company" ("We", "Our", "Us")
PayPark Ltd – Company Number 09871483, incorporated in England and Wales with a Registered Office at Group First House, Mead Way, Padiham, Lancs BB12 7NG.
We are contracting on behalf of the owners of the parking space(s) which are being made available to you where we do not own these.
"vehicle" means the vehicle which enters into the Car Park and includes any mechanical device on wheels or tracks, its equipment and accessories.
"Car Park" means the car park in respect of which a booking for parking is made by you.
Please note that your contract is with the Company.
You should read these terms carefully as they contain important information regarding your legally binding contract with Us (on behalf of the owners).
1. Once you have booked and We have received payment for that Booking, you are entitled to park the designated vehicle in Our car park. The parking of your vehicle will be subject to these Conditions of Parking.
2. You must park your own Vehicle and retain your keys. Parking is at your own risk. We cannot park your Vehicle for you, nor look after your keys or any other item.
3. Unless specifically requested to do so by us or our employees, servants or agents you should not under any circumstances:-
- park in a no parking area
- park on a double yellow line
- park other than in the designated parking bay you have been allocated
- park in a disabled bay without displaying the required ticket
- park across two (or more) parking bays
- park in a space that is marked as “reserved” (other than reserved for you) without authorisation
- park other than where directed by Us.
4. All Vehicles must be locked when left in Our car park. We cannot assist you in gaining access to a locked Vehicle if you do not have the keys or the keys do not afford access. Tariffs continue to be charged until the Vehicle is removed.
5. All tariffs (which include VAT where applicable) are on a per day basis (00:01 – 23:59). E.g. Saturday – Saturday will be 8 days. If your return is delayed, you may incur extra charges. No refund will be made for unused days.
6. We recommend that you tell one of Our staff, when you arrive at the Car Park, if you intend to leave your Vehicle in our Car Park for longer than 28 days or your plans change so that you would be so parked. Unless you tell Us this, or you have pre-booked for longer than 28 days We will be entitled to assume that your Vehicle has been abandoned. Abandoned Vehicles may be disposed of and We will recover the cost thereof from you.
Before proceeding with the disposal of abandoned vehicles, We shall:-
- make reasonable enquiries with a view to identifying and contacting the registered owner of the vehicle in question;
- give 28 days notice of Our intention so to do to the registered owner by pre-paid post addressed to the registered owner’s last known address.
Abandoned vehicles will be sold by auction whenever practicable and the proceeds of sale will be applied in and towards satisfaction of all sums owing to Us together with the expenses of sale and in connection with such sale. We shall be entitled to charge reasonable garage or other storage charges in respect of the period during which the vehicle is in our possession. Where an abandoned vehicle remains in a Car Park, the standard daily tariff shall apply until final removal.
Any balance of the sales proceeds remaining after satisfaction of such sums as are or become due to Us, shall be held by Us on behalf of the registered owner of the vehicle and paid over on proof of entitlement.
7. We reserve the right to change Our tariffs at any time and to withdraw any special rate. This will not affect any reservation made before the change. The applicable tariff will be shown on your booking confirmation.
8. We only accept Bookings for cars and light vans. You are not entitled to a refund if your Vehicle exceeds the size limits We impose. Please contact Us if you wish to check whether your Vehicle will be accepted.
9. When you book you may be required to specify the make, type, and registration number of the Vehicle to which the Booking relates. You may change these details at any time before you arrive at the Car Park, at no charge (subject to condition 8), by contacting us.
10. All parking charges must be paid in full before your Vehicle can be removed from our car park. We shall have the right to retain a Vehicle until such time as all sums due are paid. We will not accept cheques.
11. Making a booking creates a legal agreement between you and Us; if you wish to cancel a booking you can do so at any time. Please be aware that we do not offer any refunds for bookings that are cancelled, unless you are protected by our Cancellation Cover. Failure to purchase Cancellation Cover means that no refund is given regardless of the notice period given or reason for cancellation.
- Having purchased Our Cancellation Cover entitles customers to a full credit note refund regardless of the time of cancellation.
- Credit Notes can only be used at Our sites at Glasgow Airport and to the value of the original booking fee.
- Credit Notes are for the value of the original booking fee and part thereof.
12. Our Car Parks have disabled spaces for use by blue badge holders, but unfortunately we cannot accept bookings specifically for disabled spaces. If you have any particular requirements, please contact a member of staff on arrival.
13. The Company only carries such Public Liability Insurance as is required by law. This means that in neither case does it cover any damage to or theft from any Vehicle. In no circumstances will the Company be responsible for any such matter or for consequential or indirect losses such as car hire or hotel charges. The Company only accepts liability for any damage to Vehicles caused by the proven gross negligence of its employees. You should not leave any items of value in or on your Vehicle. You are reminded that your motor insurance policy may not cover possessions in your vehicle. It may be possible to arrange separate insurance cover for such possessions and we encourage you to do so. We do not accept any liability other than in respect of liability which cannot be excluded by law.
14. Should you damage another Vehicle or any part of a Car Park you must report the matter immediately to a member of Our staff and give him or her the registration numbers of both Vehicles together with your full name and address and the name and address of your insurance company together with your policy number. In doing so, for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and any other relevant law you are consenting to Our passing this information on to the owner or driver of any other Vehicle involved and to any insurers (including Our insurers), and if We consider it appropriate, to the Police.
15. We cannot guarantee the security of our Car Parks as members of the public could have access to them at all times. We do not guarantee to you that security measures that we have in place, for example CCTV or patrols, will be working at all times or, even if they are working that they will be effective in preventing loss, damage, or theft or in identifying who might be to blame. Where CCTV cameras are installed in any of the Car Parks they are used to assist in the proper running of the Car Park. The CCTV cameras may also act as a deterrent to criminal activity. We are obliged by law to display signage in the Car Park advising that CCTV cameras are in operation. However, we do not make any representation as to the extent of coverage provided by the cameras and no guarantee is given as to the security of your vehicle in Car Parks where CCTV is installed.
16. Unless requested by Us or one of our employees, servants or agents not to do so, you must ensure that before you leave your Vehicle:
- your Vehicle is securely locked
- all the windows of your Vehicle and any sunroof are securely locked
- your handbrake is fully engaged and your Vehicle left in gear (or, if it is an automatic, left in “Park” mode)
- if your Vehicle is fitted with a steering lock or similar device that it is engaged
- no person or animal is left in your Vehicle
- your possessions are taken with you or removed from sight and placed in the boot wherever possible.
17. Movement of vehicles:
- We reserve the right to move your Vehicle within the Car Park by driving or otherwise to such extent as we think in Our discretion may be reasonably necessary to avoid obstruction.
- We also reserve the right where the Car Park has to be closed either permanently or temporarily in whole or in part or has to be evacuated in cases of emergency or otherwise to remove any Vehicle at any time to any other location as we reasonably deem appropriate.
- To the extent that it may be necessary to do so in the exercise of the rights given to us in these Conditions of Parking, we, Our employees, servants or agents have the right to drive or otherwise take any Vehicle out of the Car Park (including on to the public highway) or tow it away.
- We reserve the right to enter a Vehicle (and to use force if necessary) in such a manner as we think necessary without being liable for damage caused to facilitate the exercise of the rights given to us in these Conditions of Parking or to abate any nuisance caused by your Vehicle.
18. Prohibited Activities:
- No vehicle shall be towed into the Car Park or enter otherwise than under its own mechanical power and no work or repairs or maintenance to or washing of or cleaning of Vehicles by you or anyone on your behalf shall be done in the Car Park.
- In the event of vehicle breakdown you must contact the attendant to ensure that your vehicle removal or repair is organised without causing disruption, damage or danger to any other person or property in the Car Park.
- No activity in connection with the selling, hiring or other disposal of the Vehicle shall be carried out in the Car Park.
- No commercial activity shall be conducted from any Vehicle within the Car Park.
- No Vehicle shall obstruct any access or circulation area within the Car Park.
- No Vehicle shall park other than within the spaces designated for parking.
- No person shall do anything in the use of the Car Park that may be a nuisance or inconvenience to Us or any other user of the Car Park.
- No Vehicle shall cause any unnecessary noise, vibration or exhaust fumes within the Car Park.
- No Vehicle shall be parked so as to take up more than one space designated for parking or prevent the use of any adjacent space
- No person shall do any act or thing which may render valid or void any policy of insurance effected in respect of the Car Park.
- No person shall park in spaces designated as being reserved unless entitled to do so.
- No person shall deposit any rubbish, litter or refuse of any kind in the Car Park, other than in proper receptacles provided for the purpose.
- No person shall pour or transfer petrol or other fuels into or out of the fuel tank of any Vehicle.
19. The Company offers a courtesy coach / minibus transfer to/from Glasgow International Airport (which may utilise a baggage trailer). You should ensure that all items of luggage are packed securely and that fragile or breakable items are retained with you. The Company is not responsible for any loss or damage to items in the luggage compartment of the coaches or any baggage trailer or within luggage. The transfer service may be operated on behalf of the Company by a party other than Us.
20. The courtesy coaches are run on an irregular frequency depending on demand and operational requirements. The Company cannot guarantee the departure of any coach at or within any time. You should ensure that you arrive at least 40 minutes prior to your flight check-in opening time. The Company will not be responsible for missed flights or inability to check in passengers or luggage. In the event of mechanical failure or breakdown, courtesy coaches may not run or may run to a limited service.
21. No claim of any description can be considered by Us after your Vehicle has left the Car Park. It is your responsibility to check the Vehicle before departure. In the event of a problem, a written incident report must be completed and signed by both you and a representative of the Company agreeing the facts.
22. In the event of any damage to or theft from a Vehicle, you must inform your insurers and the Police immediately and advise the Company in writing within 2 days.
23. No contract of deposit whether express or implied is entered into between us and you.
24. Safety in the car park:
- Please drive carefully in the Car Park and obey the directional and other signs.
- Car parks can be dangerous. After you have parked your vehicle you must proceed immediately to the nearest exit, following the recommended route (if any). You must not, in any circumstances, exit the Car Park by walking under a vehicle exit barrier.
- Do not delay your exit from the Car Park and please supervise your children and pets who must be kept under your control at all times in the Car Park.
- For safety reasons you are not entitled to remain in your vehicle in the Car Park or elsewhere in the Car Park except for the purposes of parking or removing your vehicle.
25. These Terms and Conditions shall not be varied except in writing by Our Company Secretary. Nothing said or done by any of Our employees is capable of varying these Terms and Conditions.
26. Each of these Terms and Conditions shall be construed separately, applying and surviving even if for any reason other provisions are held inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances.
27. This land is Private Property and managed by the Company.
28. If you wish to make a claim or to register a complaint about the service that you have received please write to the Customer Services Team at the Company at the address shown above.